This document and any other documents we may reference in the Terms and Conditions or elsewhere our site, FarmersDirect.net, represent the terms for you to use the site. Use of this site constitues your acceptance of all terms and conditions herein.
TERMS AND CONDITIONS:
- You must be at least 18 years old to use the site or have a parent or guardians permission to use their account.
- You and you alone are responsible for your content. You agree that you have the right to use all content that you post and that you are not violating any one else's rights by posting it.
- You grant us the right to use your stuff. If you post something on our site you grant us all rights to reproduce it, modify it or use it in any other way for business purposes free of any fees or royalties. We use content to help promote you and sell your items.
- You understand that you are responsible for maintaining the confidentiality of passwords associated with any account you use to access our site or app.
- You may not use our services- Site or App- to do anything illegal. You may not lie, steal, make false claims, sell any thing illegal or discriminate.
- If we get sued for something you did, you agree to defend and indemnify us. We are a platform for farmers to sell food. We do not sell, ship, store any products, or make any representations about the products offered.
- You release Farmers Direct from any damages or claims arising from any dispute with other users or third parties.
- We may suspend or terminate your account at any time for any reason and you may lose any content you have associated with your account upon termination.
- We reserve the right to add, remove or change any of our terms and conditions at any time without notice.
Farmers Direct’s Limits as a Platform
Farmers Direct is a selling and buying platform for Farmers and food artisans to sell their products directly to consumers. However, Farmers Direct is not a part of the transaction. By shopping on Farmers Direct, you understand that:
- YOU ARE NOT PURCHASING DIRECTLY FROM FARMERS DIRECT, but an individual seller on Farmers Direct who has their own pricing, policies, shipping methods and processing times. Any disputes or questions you have should be directed to the seller only (unless you see an unlawful practice which may be reported to us). We do not manufacture, grow, produce, store, inspect, or ship any of the items sold through our venue. All items are sold directly through independent sellers. We make no warranties on their safety, quality, characteristics or legality. You agree that any legal claim you have arising from the purchase or consumption of an item must be brought directly against the seller and you release us from any and all claims.
- Farmers Direct does not screen sellers and therefore makes no guarantees of any items sold on Farmers Direct or any content posted by sellers- however if you see inappropriate or illegal behavior please notify us and we will examine the seller and or listing.
Purchasing an Item on Farmers Direct
When you buy from a seller on Farmers Direct, you are purchasing directly from an independent business with its own listings, shipping methods, and policies. By making a purchase from a seller on Farmers Direct, you MUST: Be at least 18 years of age or have the consent of a parent or guardian to use our services, have submitted sufficient payment for your item(s), read and agree to the shops policies, have provided the correct shipping details to the seller.
Returning or Cancelling a Purchase
Each seller on our site has their own return/exchange and cancellation policies. Please consult with the vendor directly about returns.
Cancelling your account
Although we would be so sad to lose you, you may cancel your account at anytime. If you need help in doing so just use the contact us page to send us an email and we will help you out. Our services are completely free to use and there is no fee, subscription or payments needed from you to us for anything- ever. If you choose to cancel your account you may lose any content attached to the account.
Welcome to selling on Farmer’s Direct! We are an online Farmers Market dedicated to connecting you with thousands of buyers you may not otherwise have access to your delicious goods. We have a best practices section for sellers to ship and list your items HERE. You must follow all shipping laws (such as labeling dry ice on the outside of any package shipped), and follow any US and FDA labeling laws when selling your products. FDA Food Code. In addition, there are Cottage Food Laws that you may have to adhere to depending on your location. By clicking on the Cottage Food link you can read what Pickyourown.org has compiled. There are many other state laws and regulations with ample resources available online and by phone or mail. We want to make sure your food is SAFE and that your customers love it and keep coming back for more. PLEASE NOTE: IT IS UP TO YOU AND YOU ALONE TO MAKE SURE YOU ABIDE BY ALL FEDERAL, STATE AND LOCAL LAWS WHEN RUNNING YOUR BUSINESS. We are not responsible for educating sellers on the laws federally or state by state. The links provided herein are helpful links and are not by any means an exhaustive list. Every state is different so please contact your local agencies. If you have questions feel free to email but any advice we give does not constitute legal advice and should not be considered as such. Your local food agencies can help you immensely if you have questions.
Anything you post on Farmers Direct is owned by you including your shop name, photos, reviews, listing descriptions etc. We make no claim to it. You agree to only post original content that you have rights to. If you post any of your content on our service we, while not claiming ownership, reserve the right to use such content for advertising or other purposes. This is a royalty free, irrevocable license to distribute or alter this content for advertising or other purposes including resizing photos to make the site more cohesive, etc.
Responsibility for Your Content. You understand that you are solely responsible for Your Content. You must abide by all federal and state laws when posting. You represent that you have all necessary rights to Your Content and that you’re not infringing or violating any third party’s rights by posting it.
Payment Services (Paypal)
Farmers Direct partners with PayPal to process credit and debit card payments and other payments (gift cards, etc.) and the distribution of those funds to sellers. If there are insufficient funds in your Paypal account or bank account when our provider processes the payment for your purchase, Farmers Direct reserves the right to contact you directly to seek payment and/or suspend your account. By using Paypal or any payment provider we may add in the future you will be subject to an agreement with that party including their terms and conditions. Please look on the respective sites to access their terms and conditions.
Farmers Direct will only share your personal information or financial information to our payment processor when it is absolutely necessary to process payments. Farmers Direct requires that you do not violate any service agreement from a payment processor or other third party service that has been included on our site for it’s use. If we find that you are not in compliance we reserve the right to take action against your account as we see fit.
IRS REGULATIONS AND TAXES
You are responsible for collecting and paying any taxes from associated sales using our services.
Internal Revenue Service regulations require that a 1099-K form be filed by us to report unadjusted annual gross sales information for sellers located in the United States that meet both of the following criteria in a calendar year
- More than $20,000 USD in gross sales, and
- More than 200 transactions.
We will strictly comply with these regulations and upon approaching these limits, or before, a seller will be required to provide taxpayer-identification number to Farmers Direct.